Feministival in Jersey City: Women in Business in Jersey City
JC Families would like to extend a warm invitation for you to participate in the JC Feministival Series 2017! Local Businesses in Jersey City
JC Feministival is a series of events, which will serve as a means to empower, showcase and promote local businesses owned and operated by women! Each Feministival will feature local female artists, fashion designers, healthcare providers, educators and other entrepreneurs. JC Feministival Series is a launchpad for women, who invest their careers and passions into further enriching our diverse community.
When and Where: JC Feministival will take place at Hamilton Park and City Hall Plaza, May through September 2016, on a second Friday of every month: May 12, June 9, July 14, Aug 11, and Sept 8
Who: 8 to 12 female entrepreneurs will be selected by the JC Feministival review panel to participate in each event with the attendance alternating from month to month ensuring diversity of programming.
Why: To be able to showcase your products, offer tastings (if applicable) and perform demos of your services.
To be featured in business directory on www.jcfamilies.com specifically highlighting the participating businesses owned and operated by women
To be a part of a network of fellow strong women entrepreneurs right here in Jersey City
About JCFamilies and our Partnership:
As you might know, JCFamilies is a one-of-a-kind resource for parents in the Jersey City and Hoboken areas. We provide our partners with an unparalleled reach to local, diverse, socially connected and well economically established families in the neighborhood. JCFamilies organizes some of the most talked about family events in the area attracting your target audience.
In order to support local female entrepreneurs, JC Feministival participation fee is offered as follows:
- Small woman-owned businesses: $125.00
- Established businesses such as daycare, schools, etc: $200.00
To learn more and apply for participation, please complete our registration form
For sponsorship and other inquiries, please contact
We look forward to hearing from you and celebrating local female entrepreneurs together!
Local Businesses in Jersey City
- What is feministival? To support women-owned businesses.
- How can i participate? Fill out form on our site and send back.
- What is fee to participate? Please refer to form for fee information.
- Do I need to bring my own table? We provide one 6ft table and one chair.
- What happens if it rains on day of event? In case of rain you will be able to participate in following event.
- Do you offer discounts to participate? At this time we are not offering any special discounts.
- Will I be able to sell my products? Yes, you will be able to sell your products. Food vendors please email us separately as you will need to have appropriate license and permits to participate.
- Do I have to be a registered business? Yes, business must be registered.
- Does my business have to be registered in Jersey City? No, as long as it is registered.
- What is target market? We will be offering event in downtown JC. We have many young diverse families in our area with parents ranging in age from 25-45 and children ages 1-10 years old.
- Can men apply to participate? This event is for women-owned businesses only.
- What’s in it for me? To be able to showcase your products, offer tastings (if applicable) and perform demos of your services.
To be featured in business directory on www.jcfamilies.com specifically highlighting the participating businesses owned and operated by women.
To be included in special programming at the end of each event (participating businesses are welcome to join programming sessions at the end of all five events): sessions on networking, marketing and other relevant programming.
To be a part of a network of fellow strong women entrepreneurs right here in Jersey City.