Most schools and daycares I have encountered focus on the betterment and growth of the child. It is very rare that I get to come across a program that goes a little bit beyond that. Well I have found just that; Introducing Baby Galileo Daycare and Preschool. This is a place where they focus on the growth of infants and parents alike. Baby Galileo is a close-knit community that prides itself in encouraging the growth of baby and parent together. They understand that parenting is a learning process and are there to provide any guidance that they can.
Enrollment and Rates
At Baby Galileo Daycare and Preschool in Jersey City, enrollment applications are accepted year round. Applications are currently still being accepted, although space is limited so be sure to get your applications in as soon as you can, if interested. Baby Galileo Daycare and Preschool is open from 7:30am-6:00pm.
Tuition at Baby Galileo changed depending on the amount of days your child will be enrolled into. The tuition prices vary also depending on the age of your child. Parents are given the option of choosing to pay the tuition weekly or monthly. Average tuition pricing goes as follows:
1-2 years old
- $240-$275 Weekly or;
- $945-$1,085 Monthly (during a 4 week month) or;
- $1,185-$1,360 Monthly (during a 5 week month)
2-3 years old
- $220-$250 Weekly or;
- $870-$990 Monthly (during a 4 week month) or;
- $1,090-$1,240 Monthly (during a 5 week month)
3 years old plus
- $200-$230 Weekly or;
- $790-$915 Monthly (during a 4 week month) or;
- $995-$1,145 Monthly (during a 5 week month)
Please be aware that if your child ranges from the ages of 1-2 but is not yet potty trained the tuition will reflect that of a child in the 2-3 year old program.
Delicious and Nutritious!
At Baby Galileo the faculty understands the importance of a well-balanced diet. Nutrition is a huge key to success. Baby Galileo does the best job they can in providing wholesome foods for the children. They also like to explore and introduce new foods. As the child gets older they begin to introduce “finger-foods” and then later utensils. Baby Galileo in Jersey City provides healthy varieties such as cereal, crackers, fruits, vegetables, cheese, juice, milk and so on. The food schedule time goes as follows:
- Breakfast: 9:00am-9:30am
- Lunch: 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Afternoon Snack: 3:00pm
Being that many daycare centers and preschools do not provide food for the children, it is a great relief to know that at Baby Galileo they not only provide food, but also provide a nutritious and enlightening food experience.
Lastly, I would like to tell you about how Baby Galileo Daycare and Preschool divides up their classes, so let’s jump right in.
Infant Room (0-12 months)
- Individual cribs
- Each child has their own primary caregiver
- Changing stations with bathroom sinks
- Written reports made daily
- Lullabies and songs sand to babies daily
- Individual feeding schedule and nap time
- Infant CPR, background checked, fingerprinted staff
Youth Toddler Room (12-24 months)
- Same as what is offered to children in the infant room as well as;
- Other activities such as dancing, songs, learning parts of the body, circle time, colors, moods, counting and shapes
- Outdoor group play in secured backyard
- Migration to group meal and nap time
- Toilet training process if needed
- Take home learning activity
Toddler Room (24-36months)
- 5 to 1 ratio
- Circle time
- Pre-k curriculum
- Computer education in classroom with age appropriate software
- Group meals and nap time
- Self-feeding and table manners
- Putty training every two hours if needed
- Educational videos and materials
- Changing stations with sinks
- Infant CPR background checked, fingerprinted staff
Pre-K Room (36 months plus)
- 8 to 1 ratio
- Circle time with advanced pre-k curriculum
- Computer education
- Educational material
- Educational videos
- Outdoor play time daily
- Written report given daily
- Group meals and nap time
- Infant CPR, fingerprinted staff and background checked
- Isolation area for sick child parent pick-up
With its organization skills Baby Galileo is a Daycare that is on top of making sure everything is being executed to their standards. If you haven’t been grabbed already, Galileo Dayare and Preschool in Jersey City also offers field trips to their children. They have recently visited places such as the Green Meadow Farm for pumpkin picking, Alstede Farms for strawberry picking to name a couple.
If Galileo Daycare and Preschool sound like the place for you please be sure to give their website a visit. You can find more information and the application there at www.babygalileo.org
I hope everyone is having a great School hunting experience.
Until next time!
Four years ago Vanessa Morales set out on a mission to become a school guidance counselor. Ever since, her eyes have been open to how the education system has been struggling, leading her to the path where she is now; researching on ways to better the education system that exists for young ones. She notes and blogs what she has found that has been working and continues to attend college to further educate herself on what can and needs to be done.