Hello moms! Here is another easy, delicious, and guilt-free recipe to satisfy your and your family’s sweet tooth without the hassle, and with ingredients you already have in your kitchen. The best part about this particular cookie recipe is that it is the most indulgent, chewy, and nutty snack that takes less than 30 minutes to prep AND bake! These peanut butter cookies are the perfect summer treat for a potluck or party if you’re tight on time and want to easily please a crowd of adults and children alike.
What you will need:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (do NOT use instant oatmeal)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
Let’s get started:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl, toss the oats, cinnamon, salt, and sugar together.
- Beat the egg and add add it to the bowl along with the peanut butter and egg.
- Mix everything until it is all combined.
- Pop your dough into the fridge and let it chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or aluminum foil, and scoop your dough (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons) onto the baking sheets.
- Make sure to space your cookies evenly!
- Use the back of a spoon to lightly press down the dough.
- Don’t worry if are a bit oily from the peanut butter! Gently blot with a paper towel.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. If you like crispy cookies, bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes after they come out of the oven.
- Devour and enjoy!
Here are some tips for extra flavor:
- Use chunky peanut butter for extra crunch and texture.
- If you love chocolate (like me), you can substitute the peanut butter with equal amount of Nutella.
- For more pizazz in your cookies, you can add dried cranberries or dark chocolate chips.