About Reshma Saujani

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

hi ladies ,
      I wanted to reach out to you and let you know about a south asian woman who is looking to get into public office. As a fellow south asian woman this presents an exciting opportunity for our demographics to have representation in politics. Reshma Saujani is a democrat running for New York City public advocate, although she is in New York and we live in New Jersey, her goal is to campaign for congress (she did run in 2010 and will most likely campaign again) running for the position of public advocate is a stepping stone to her congressional goals.
      I was introduced to her campaign through a charitable program called “Girls who Code” this is non for profit that she started that encourages girls into science and technology careers, which is one of the fastest, and most lucrative careers that women are under represented in.
      I am quite inspired by Reshma because she is bright, dnymaic and not only looking to improve opportunities for all americans, but she is also advocating the needs of politically under represented minority women.
      I think this would be an terrific opportunity for us to show support for a south asian female political leader. I would like to pass on a link to her sitehttp://www.reshmafornewyork.com, even if you aren’t from New York it would be great to show support for her either by donating to her campaign or passing the information along to your New York friends an colleagues.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar