From Carol Lester- PLEASE VOTE

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Baby Music Loving Jersey City Families

I am writing today not as your music teacher and not as the Vice President to the Jersey City Board of Education, but as one citizen to another to ask you to please vote tomorrow. I’ve had the pleasure of singing and playing with thousands of new families these past eight years. It saddens me when beautiful babies, toddlers and new parents I know choose to raise their families elsewhere. I realize it is daunting to choose a school district in turnaround phase and a City government that seems corrupt to the core, but that’s even more reason why your vote for the short years you are renters or owners in Jersey City makes all the difference for a better future. There are two “at large” Council Seats open tomorrow and many people have asked me who I like. I like quite few of the candidates, but to hit the ground running and make it their number one priority, I recommend Dan Levin and Suzanne Mack.

Dan Levin has been an activist for progress in Jersey City at countless green, educational and civic projects. He is an independent small business owner, a member of the JC City Wide parent Council, a loving father and husband and a great neighbor and advocate for Jersey City residents. Dan is a tireless ally for property rights, green spaces, local economy and most importantly transparency in local government.

Suzanne Mack, The Jersey City Board of Education (unpaid), was motivated her first 12 years to shepherd her special needs child and hlp grow the system’s Special Ed department into one of the best in the State. Sue is a certified planner and has been an ally for progress to BOE newcomers. She is the only long standing member who16 months ago stood with Sterling Waterman and I to search for a new Superintendent.

Please vote tomorrow for candidates you think will make Jersey City a better place to raise your families.
      Carol Lester

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar