Looking for an affordable and loving daycare, Spanish speaking a plus.

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi All,

My name is Jessica and I have a 27 month old daughter named Gabriella. We are getting ready to move to Jersey City from Brooklyn. We are having all sorts of feelings about the move – both positive and negative, but are feeling quite heartbroken about leaving our daycare. Can anyone recommend any daycare that costs less than $300/350 a week? (We currently only pay $215 a week and that includes 3 meals). We would love to find a place where at least some Spanish is spoken, as Gabbi has been in Spanish speaking care since she was 4 months old and I would love to keep that up. And of course, a place that is loving and really allows the children to be themselves and follows their lead.

Thank you!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jessica! I highly recommend ours, but it depends if you need all-day care. Ours is just mornings (9-12) but it’s so amazing. It’s called Lil Brick Schoolhouse and you can read more about my experience here:http://burbsandabbq.com/2015/01/22/lovin-the-lil-brick-schoolhouse/. Good luck and don’t be nervous about the move. We moved from Manhattan here last year and LOVE Jersey City. It’s an amazing place to live with a family!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Brianna. We do need full time care, but I will keep this resource in my back pocket should anything change. Do you mind telling me how much they charge?

Thanks for the encouragement about the move! I know it will be challenging at first, but I have only heard good things about JC for families so I’m sure we will adjust quickly.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not at all! They charge $40 per day. It’s a wonderful group setting, but she doesn’t take more than 10 kids per group and has 2-3 caregivers (all of whom I love and have adopted as our babysitters on off hours!) per group.

Moves are always so stressful, but I hope you love it here as much as we do!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Does anyone there speak Spanish?

Anonymous
      Inactive

One of them does (we have the same issue, our daughter is growing up bilingual Spa-Eng), but they do basically everything in English.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar