Jersey City Award Night
Jersey City is a wonderful place to raise a family, and we are fortunate to have several great schools, parks, neighborhoods and so much more in the area! The city is a warm, safe and carries its identity thanks to all the local businesses, hard working charities, volunteers and many communities that strive to make Jersey City an amazing city to live in every day.
To honor this spirit and to recognize such exemplary work , JCFamilies is organizing an Award Night for the very first time! The event will be held in November, 2019.
This inclusive event will be steered by the JC residents through an open voting system on Facebook . This event is ‘By the people, For the people’. We present the following categories and we seek your votes to recognize the best in each. JCfamilies is open to adding categories you think are relevant for the community. Please write to us regarding new additions or additional nominations.
Schools and Living
1. Most active neighborhood association – voting from April 15th to April 28th through our Facebook Page.
List of Neighborhood Associations Included:
Historic Paulus Hook Association
Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association
Riverview Neighborhood Association
Village Neighborhood Association
Powerhouse Arts District Neighborhood Association
Harsimus Cove Association of Jersey City
Journal Square Neighborhood Association
Astor Place Neighborhood Association
Berry Hill/Claremont Neighborhood
Greenville Neighborhood Alliance
If we are missing any neighborhood associations, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can add it to the list!
2. ‘Parents Choice’ Public School in Jersey City – voting from April 29th to May 12th.
FRANK R. CONWELL SCHOOL – PS 3
JOTHAM W. WAKEMAN SCHOOL – PS 6
CHARLES E. TREFURT SCHOOL – PS 8
OLLIE CULBRETH, JR. SCHOOL – PS 14
WHITNEY M. YOUNG, JR. SCHOOL – PS 15
CORNELIA F. BRADFORD SCHOOL – PS 16
REVEREND DR. ERCEL F. WEBB SCHOOL – PS 22
NICOLAUS COPERNICUS SCHOOL – PS 25
ALEXANDER D. SULLIVAN SCHOOL – PS 30
DR. PAUL RAFALIDES SCHOOL – PS 33
GERARD J. DYNES – N.J. REGIONAL DAY SCHOOL
DR. MICHAEL CONTI SCHOOL – PS 5
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. SCHOOL – PS 11
JULIA A. BARNES SCHOOL – PS 12
JOSEPH H. BRENSINGER SCHOOL – PS 17
MAHATMA K. GANDHI SCHOOL – PS 23
CHAPLAIN CHARLES WATTERS SCHOOL – PS 24
ALFRED E. ZAMPELLA SCHOOL – PS 27
CHRISTA MCAULIFFE SCHOOL – PS 28
President Barack Obama Elementary School – PS 34
RAFAEL CORDERO y MOLINA SCHOOL – PS 37
JAMES F. MURRAY SCHOOL – PS 38
DR. CHARLES P. DEFUCCIO SCHOOL – PS 39
MARTIN CENTER for the ARTS – PS 41
FRANK R. CONWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL – MS 4
FRANKLIN L. WILLIAMS SCHOOL – MS 7
WILLIAM L. DICKINSON HIGH SCHOOL
3. Most involved developer in the community – voting from May13th to May26th.
Restaurants and Businesses
1. Best family run business in Jersey city
2. JC Local Business Woman and Man of the year
3. Favorite Family Friendly Restaurant
4. Best Local Blogger/Influencer
Community and charity
1. Recognizing Community Leaders and Volunteers
2. Favorite Councilman/woman in Jersey City
3. ‘Talk of the town’ Event in Jersey City
4. A Charity in Jersey City that deserves a special award for their work
5. Recognizing women shelters
1. Most environmental conscious business
2. Organization working towards sustainable living
JCfamilies is not funded by the government, JCFamilies is a 501(c)3 non-profit Family organization, your donation is tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Give your opinion and suggestions in the comment section below, or send us a private message on our Facebook Page!