Did you know that adding certain spices to your food could help promote weight loss?
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes – Curried Garbanzo Beans. They are easy to make, tasty, and have a ton of weight-loss benefits.
I used to think I couldn’t lose weight because of my genetics – until I started cooking and eating differently.
I struggled with:
- Cravings for sweets and flavorful food
- Maintaining a weight I was happy with
- Feeling guilty that I was not doing enough and not being as motivated as I needed to feel
Curried Garbanzo Beans help to replace cravings for fattening, unhealthy food because they are so delicious and healthy at the same time. The best part of the dish is that the spices could help you lose weight while tasting amazing!
- Turmeric helps break down fat and contains cancer-fighting antioxidants
- Serranos and Jalapenos help to burn fat and act as an appetite suppressant
- Ginger helps to aid digestion
Garbanzo beans will give you a ton of energy, keep you full and make you look and feel great!
I made a quick 5-minute cooking video to show you exactly how to make Curried Garbanzo Beans. Click on the video below to see step-by-step easy instructions and see the recipe below.
Keep reading for a special FREE gift I have for JC Families parents!
Curried Garbanzo Beans
A tasty recipe that helped me lose my first 10 pounds!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped lengthwise
2 cloves of garlic, chopped (~1 ½ tspn.)
1 inch ginger, chopped (~1 ½ tspn.)
½ large jalapeno or 1 small jalapeno or serrano, chopped
½ small tomato, chopped
¼ small can tomato paste (if do not have paste can use 1/4 small can of tomato sauce or use another ½ tomato)
¾ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. turmeric powder
¼ tsp. red chili powder
½ tsp. chana masala (or ½ tsp. each of cumin powder and coriander powder)
½ tsp. garam masala
1 15.5 oz. can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 cup cooked raw garbanzo beans
2 cups water
Garnish: 1/2 cup chopped cilantro and ½ cup chopped onions
1. Heat oil in medium sized pot on medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilies and mix until onion becomes light brown, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Add tomato and tomato paste and mix.
4. Add spices and roast uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add garbanzo beans and mix together for 5 minutes.
6. Add 2 cups of water, or enough to more than cover the beans. Cover and cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
7. Garnish with cilantro and chopped onions.
Tip – Eat with vegetables and:
· Quinoa or brown rice (instead of white rice) OR
· Eggs, fish or meat OR
· One roti or piece of whole-wheat bread
My Gift to JC Families readers
I put together a FREE 11-page Masala Body Start your Transformation! Guide that will really help JC Families Parents because I love JC Families so much! Check out the Masala Body page ONLY for JC Families Parents. Enter your name and email, and I’ll immediately send you my FREE 11-page Masala Body Start your Transformation! Guide which includes:
- The #1 secret to fast weight loss, especially around the stomach
- 5 foods to eat, 5 foods to avoid & 10 easy afternoon snacks
- 1 Specific Step to Start YOUR Transformation NOW!
Thanks so much for reading my article and watching my video! Click here for your FREE guide.
Nagina Abdullah is the founder of the go-to weight loss website, Masala Body, especially for moms and busy, ambitious women. Nagina has a BA in Molecular and Cell Biology from UC Berkeley and a MBA from NYU Stern School of Business. She works as a healthcare management consultant for a Big 4 firm in New York and coaches moms and busy, ambitious women in wellness and weight loss.