JCFamilies is excited to announce the 5th Annual Cultural Diversity Festival in Jersey City.
One of the reasons we love JC is because this is a real melting pot of people from all over the world. We live together and appreciate our differences. Jersey City is a mix of styles, languages, ethnicities, rhythms, opinions, tastes, and cultures. We live here because this diversity is important to us and we understand that these differences make us all better people, more compassionate, understanding, and inclusive. We have experienced the richness of a community that is diverse. We have seen diversity make a community stronger, more resilient, and more cohesive. We are proud of our diversity and love celebrating it. We wear it as a badge of honor that Jersey City was named the most diverse city in America.
In this spirit, we invite you to join us for the 5th Annual Cultural Diversity Festival on Aug 18th at Hamilton Park from 4 to 7pm.
The festival is a day of celebrating the diversity in our community. There will be an array of fun and culture-related activities planned for the whole family, including arts & crafts, musical acts, dancers, a kid’s train and more. And no diversity festival would be complete without an array of delicious foods from around the world.
This unique and special event is a great opportunity for children and families to experience the vibrant and diverse cultures of Jersey City! We hope to see you there!
Bilingual Birdies Concert
Bilingual Birdies will take families on a live music extravaganza in Spanish in celebration of our cultural diversity festival. Learn new words while you sing along to original hip tunes and your favorite traditional folk songs. Families get to bond through an intergenerational bubble dance party extravaganza at the end. Join us! bilingualbirdies.com
PERFORMANCES in Cultural Diversity Festival:
–Jersey City Ballroom: Jersey City’s Best Ballroom Dancing Lessons. We Provide Lessons in a Wide Variety of Dance Styles for All Skill Levels
– Calai Chandra School of Bharatanatyam
– Performing Arts Workshop: Helping young people develop critical thinking, creative expression & essential learning skills through the arts.
-Yoko Nakahashi and fellows: Japanese traditional drum
– Au Capoeira: Capoeira is a Brazilian art-form that combines dance, music, acrobatics and self-defense.
– John Paul Garcia
– Kerri Smith Academy of Irish Dance: Offering Irish Dance classes Jersey City, NJ that improve each dancer’s poise and confidence while having fun and staying healthy!
– Salsa Fever On2 Dance Academy: Energetic center featuring salsa dance instruction for all levels
– African Fusion Dance: African Fusion is a mixture of traditional West African, West Indian, and Afrobeat dance moves.
– Kyudo: Kyudo is the Japanese art of archery.
– Iaido : Iaido is the art of drawing a Japanese sword.
– Naginata (Japanese Polearm): The Naginata is a halberd-like weapon with a blade mounted on a long handle.
– Tonal Arts Music Center: music lessons taught by professional, highly-educated, musicians. Learn to play guitar, piano, saxophone, flute, clarinet, percussion.
– Yee’s Hung Ga International Kung Fu Association: they will perform the lion dance: THE ART OF LION DANCING is all but a memory in most Kung Fu Schools. Historically, however, Lion dance has been an integral part of traditional Kung Fu training. The Lion Dance, while symbolizing good fortune and protecting against negative influences, is also vital to the proper training of strength and “live power.”
– The Jersey City Firefighters Emerald Society
Performance Schedule for the event:
4:00 PM John Garcia
4:10 PM Au Capoeira
4:20 PM Yoko Nakahashi and fellows – ( Japanese traditional drum )
4:30 PM Kerri Smith Academy of Irish Dance
4:40 PM Jersey City Ballroom
4:50 PM Performing Arts Workshop
5:00 PM – 5:45 PM Bilingual Birdies
5:45 PM Calai Chandra School of Bharatanatyam
6:00 PM Salsa Fever On2 Dance Academy
6:10 PM African Fusion Dance
6:20 PM Kyudo (Archery)
6:30 PM Iaido (Japanese Sword)
6:40 PM Naginata (Japanese Polearm)
6:50 PM Yee’s Hung Ga International Kung Fu Association
7:00 PM The Jersey City Firefighters Emerald Society
City of Jersey City
Office of Cultural Affairs – Jersey City
British Swim School
New York Life Insurance
Hoboken Chiropractic + Wellness