5-Minute Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Hello moms! Have you ever had one of those mornings when you’re in a bit of a rush, and your kids are fussy because they don’t want yet another bowl of cereal for the third day in a row? Well here is a simple and healthy breakfast solution when you need to hustle everyone out to the car before they’re late for school or an appointment.
This muffin recipe is unbelievably easy to make, and takes just 5 minutes to make right in the microwave! Yep, you read correctly – all you will need is a mug, a microwave, some fresh ingredients you already have in your kitchen, and just 5 minutes! No need to whip out that frying pan or turn on the stove, these muffins will have your kids wanting them every morning!
What you will need:
- 1 microwave-safe mug
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oats
- a handful of raspberries & almonds
* Be creative with your mix-ins! You may use your favorite berries or nuts. You can substitute with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or dried/frozen fruit for this recipe. I used raspberries and slivered almonds for tartness and crunch.
Let’s get started:
- Break up the banana into 3-4 pieces and place them in the mug. Use a fork to mash the banana.
- Add the egg into the mug and mix it with the banana.
- Add in the oats and blend the mixture well.
- Add in your mix-ins. Gently stir to distribute evenly.
- Microwave your muffin mixture for 2-3 minutes. Let stand for about a minute to cool.
- Carefully take your muffin out of the microwave (the mug may still be hot).