Everyone knows how important consuming fruits and vegetables is at any age but especially during childhood. Everyone also knows just how difficult it can be to get kids to even look at fruits and vegetables without throwing a fit. Did you know that children are supposed to consume around 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day? The average child will only consume 2-3 servings per day and the majority of them will put up a fight or end up spitting half of them out. Here are some easy tips to get your children to eat more fruits and vegetables!
- Use cookie cutters to cut fruits into appealing shapes. Studies show that kids are more likely to consume things in shapes such as stars, hearts, or animals rather than something less appealing (such as a square).
- Use dips! Surprisingly kids tend to like things such as hummus, yogurt based dips, or just plain peanut butter. These dips offer them something fun to eat with their buy roche klonopin fruits and veggies especially during snack time. Plus, what kid doesn’t like to eat with their hands?
- Be a good role model! Kids always look up to their parents and want to do what they’re doing. Showing them that you enjoy fruits and vegetables is an easy way to encourage them to eat healthy.
- Let your children participate in grocery shopping. When you go to the grocery store, let them pick out the fruits and vegetables that look appealing to them. When you get home, the fact that they picked it out themselves will be all the more incentive for them to eat it.
- Plant a garden! Children loved to be involved in hands on things and what better way than gardening? Growing their own fruits and vegetables promotes healthy eating as well as a big reason to want to eat the fruits and vegetables. As a bonus, they will take great pride in being able to say they grew something all by themselves!