After 18 months, Charles and Co. has been introduced to us with 7 floors and 99 units. This building captures your attention immediately since it is in front of the City Hall and also takes most of the block where it is located.
Now our families in Jersey City might wonder what is SILVERMAN bringing to us with this new building. Is this residential or is this commercial? How many bedrooms, bathrooms etc do the apartments have? When can I tour it?
Well, JCFamilies was invited to tour this building and we asked all the questions for you.
Spoiler Alert: We can anticipate that you will fall in love as we did.
Charles and Co. Building, named after the flooring and carpet store located at this corner in the ‘50s, will house retail stores on the ground floor such as, Cool Vines, Another Man’s treasure, Kanibal & Co. and Hazel Baby and Kids. From floors 2 through 7 will be residential and in the second floor they will have SILVERMAN Coworking Space of 10,000 sq feet, where around 200 people could share offices from this September.
They offer studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms, and 3 bedrooms which is very important for the growing number of families in Jersey City. We visited the model apartments, decorated by some local stores as Another Man’s treasure, Smith and Chang and Kanibal & Co. They are encouraging local businesses by showcasing their work. Nice touch!
One of the things that drew our attention is the amount of light that the apartments have due to the oversized windows around the apartments. This is definitely a great feature to highlight during winter which will impact on the savings aspect as well.
● First residents autographed beer bottle display: As a way to commemorate all the first residents of the building they are having an autographed New Jersey Beer co. bottle with their home number on it – 99 bottles of beer on the wall!
● Savings: Energy Efficient Gas Heat and Central Air Conditioning
● Laundry room in every floor: Washer and Dryers will be card operated and every load is $2.00. This room also has chairs and a TV.
● Oversize windows: Easy to disassemble in order to clean them when it feels necessary.
● Walk-in Closets
● Medicine Cabinets are included
● Pet policy: 1 pet, maximum 35 pounds, is allowed per apartment.
● Garage Parking
● Gym: Residents will enjoy Maximum Motion Fitness as their gym with personal training and Classes being available.
● Amenities: Rooftop Lounge, Landscaped Communal Roof Terrace as well as a Children’s playroom on the same floor.
Why Families should consider moving here, besides all the above? :
● Location: The location of the building is excellent. It is close to the downtown restaurants, PATH trains and the Ferry services to the City.
● SILVERMAN: People know that this name is associated with quality and reliability. People have moved from SILVERMAN Building to SILVERMAN Building and the Management Aspect impacts on their decision, also they count with a good team of compassionate and helpful staff who are hands on and hardworking.