Middle Schools in Hoboken and Jersey City
Middle school is that period between elementary school and high school that can have a great impact on a child. They begin to experience new things, think in different ways and start to form more relationships with their peers. As parents, you have a growing number of option in choosing a school for your child. To keep you informed, we’ve created a list of Middle Schools in Hoboken and Jersey City.
1 McWilliams Place in Jersey City, NJ
Phone: (201) 533-1910
First on our list of Middle Schools In Hoboken and Jersey City is the Private Middle School at Hamilton Park Montessori School! This school is developed in accord with Montessori’s views on adolescents and learning. The curriculum includes a STEM component integrating science, technology, engineering and mathematics, as well as a humanities strand that establishes links between history, current events, literature, critical reading and writing. The curriculum includes regular trips, often planned by the students, to do research and gather information.
- Online application:
- Classroom Observation:to experience our classrooms while in session.
- Child Visit:for your child to meet the teachers and experience a typical classroom (classes are not in session during this time).
- Letter of Agreement: If you wish to attend, the Letter of Agreement, Security Deposit and Enrollment Fee are required within 7 days of acceptance. (Security Deposit and Enrollment Fee are both non-refundable)
150 Warren St. Suite 108 Jersey City, NJ
Phone: (201) 333-5600
Waterfront Montessori is an International Baccalaureate World School authorized to offer the IB Middle Years Program. The Middle School Program blends the dynamic Montessori curriculum into the IB Middle Years Program (IB MYP) in service of students who are in a crucial period of personal, social, physical and intellectual development.
- Contact the school admissions office to schedule a parent tour.
- Submit an application to the school accompanied by the $75 application fee.
- Submit prior school records and recommendations. One recommendation must come from a teacher, the other from the Principal or Head of School.
- After receipt of all prior school records, all applicants will be invited to visit in the appropriate classroom. This visit is mandatory for consideration for admission.
- Applicants who have completed all steps of the admissions process will receive an admission decision by March 1. Should an applicant be accepted, parents will have a limited time frame in which to let us know of their acceptance and complete the admission paperwork.
180 9th Street Jersey City, NJ
Phone: (201) 631-6396
Explore Middle School is the only career and technical middle school in New Jersey. This is a project-based school whose curriculum is developed around thematic units which integrate interdisciplinary studies and engage students in a hands-on approach. Career and Technical programs include the arts, technology and applied sciences. Explore Middle School is also a one-to-one (1:1) environment, where each student has his/her own chromebook while in school. 1:1 technology allows teachers to differentiate both in terms of how they teach and how the students are expected to demonstrate their learning. Explore Middle School is a diverse community with an active Parent/Student Association.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018: Application deadline for students/parents.
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018: Last day to complete letters of recommendation via SchoolMint.
- Monday, December 17, 2018: Counselor Deadline to submit all pertinent student information through their Counselor Dashboard.
209 Third street, Jersey City NJ
Phone: (201) 338-8320 ext 202
The French American Academy (FAA) is a warm, nurturing, progressive school offering a child-centered environment that uses the dual lenses of French and English to inspire and cultivate open-mindedness, empathy and a lifetime love of learning. Middle School Programs offers three tracks which include French/English, English with Accelerated French and Spanish/English.
- Application (A non-refundable Application Fee of $140 will be submitted with each application)
- Evaluation and interview
41 Tuers Ave Jersey City, NJ
Phone: (201) 333-8844
Primary Prep Elementary is a private, non-denominational school offering an exciting learning environment to children in Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The school is located in the center of Jersey City, New Jersey with easy access to major roads and public transportation. The curriculum at Primary Prep is designed to encourage the students to think outside the box. Critical thinking is mandatory. During their time at Primary Prep, the pupils develop a strong foundation in math, reading, language arts, science, history, writing, and the arts. Technology is infused in the lessons through iPads, Google chrome books, and laptops
- Please call the main office on 201-333-8844 to schedule a tour and start the admission process.
Phone: (201) 434-2405
The mission of Our Lady of Czestochowa (The OLC School) is to create a learning environment that encourages each child to grow as a spiritual, moral and intellectual individual, who will be able to embrace a global multicultural society of the 21st century.
As a Catholic school in a diverse community, we strive to develop virtues and values that foster the expression of a child’s potential. We encourage life-long learning and creative problem solving by providing a challenging and stimulating academic curriculum, while also allowing consideration for individual interests, abilities and needs.
- Complete the application.
- Mail or drop off the completed to the Lower School office.
601 Park Ave, Hoboken, NJ
Phone: (201) 659-8335
The Hudson School provides intellectually inquisitive students in grades 5-12 with a rigorous and relevant college-preparatory education that inspires independent thinking and intellectual risk-taking. The private, middle school requires students to take four years of language arts, science, mathematics, history, theater arts, modern foreign language (French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, or Spanish), movement, physical education, health and nutrition, music, and art. Fifth and sixth graders also take computer science, movement and chorus. Seventh and eighth graders begin studying Latin and participate in a weekly community service activity. Beginning in sixth grade, students explore philosophy through logic, ethics and aesthetics classes.
- Call 201-659-8335, email [email protected], or complete the application/information request form linked here
- Attend Open House on October 20th or learn more about Hudson via a group guided tour.
- There is an $80.00 processing fee for each application.
- The following documentation is needed to complete the application:
- Official transcript of final reports from previous grades.
- Official report card from the current school year.
- 2018 ISEE* or SSAT examination results. (Individual English language testing is available for international students.)
- The following additional documentation is optional:
- A copy of your most recent school-based standardized assessment test scores
- Additional recommendations
- Additional student work, either hard copy or web-based. We do not accept USB drives due to computer security.
- As soon you application has been received, the school will schedule a day for the applicant to visit the school. All applicants will attend classes and meet with faculty and administrators and have an in-person interview with admissions staff. Parents will be invited to an optional information session with admissions staff or the Head of School.
Nursery – Grade 1: 527 Clinton Street, Hoboken, NJ
Grades 2 – Grade 8: 707 Washington Street, Hoboken,NJ
Phone: (201) 792-6292
All Saint Episcopal Day School tends to children of all faiths and embraces a view of spirituality that is broad and inclusive. The school is readily accessible by public transportation including bus, PATH and Light Rail services. Every grade is encouraged to get involved with extra curricular activities which include but are not limited to STEM-related activities, cooking, rugby, school plays and fencing.
- Students must be 3 years old by September 1st of the year that they start Nursery.
- General information and application timelines can be found here.
- For applicants who have attended formal academic, daycare, or enrichment programs (whether part-time or full-time), the following supporting documents are required:
159 2nd St, Jersey City, NJ
Phone: (201) 963-5555
The Waldo School is currently offering grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. All of primary school students participate in the International Baccalaureate curriculum, taught by teachers who participate in IB-accredited professional development opportunities. Students inquire into the core subject areas each day, including mathematics, language arts (reading and writing), science, and social studies.
- Complete the application. There is a $100 nonrefundable application fee that is payable at the time the application is submitted.
- Tuition varies depending on the age group and type of program your child will be enrolled in.
95 Broadway Jersey City, NJ
Phone: (201) 984-4151
The Ethical Community Charter School is a K-8 school, free, public charter school. They believe children who have the skills to make good choices will thrive and positively shape the world. The school currently has openings in 7th and 8th grade. Applications for this school year is on a first come first serve for the current openings.
All applications considered in the 2019-2020 lottery are due on January 3rd, 2019. Our enrollment lottery will be held on January 10th, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at TECCS. You can still submit an application after January 3rd. Doing so will place your child on the waiting list for the 2019-2020 academic year.
713 Washington St Hoboken, NJ
Phone: (201) 963-0222
The Hoboken Charter School is a K-12 community of learners that seeks to develop the academic, artistic, personal and civic growth of all its members through its commitment to service learning and learner-centered education. The Hoboken Charter School believe that students thrive in environments where expectations are clear and consistent at all levels, and where students are known — not only by their peers, but by the entire school community. An emphasis on curriculum that places the student at the center of inquiry is the foundation for the school’s four critical learning “cornerstones.” These cornerstones are: rigorous academics, arts literacy, and personal and civic growth.
- The Hoboken Charter School is a public school open to all students. There are no admissions tests.
- Enrollment is determined by a random lottery held in public in January each year for the following school year.
- If there are more applications than spots available in a given grade, a waiting list is created.
- Admissions policies and procedures are monitored by the State Department of Education and the Hoboken Charter School Board of Trustees.
1460 Garden St, Hoboken, NJ
Phone: (201) 876-0102
The Elysian Charter School of Hoboken is an innovative K–8, free, public charter school, located in Hoboken, New Jersey. Children come to us with strengths on which they can learn and grow. Elysian’s goal is to educate and inspire children to become curious, lifelong learners (strong in academic preparation), who have an appreciation of the arts, the diversity of all the peoples of the world, and the importance of community.
123 Jefferson Street, Hoboken, NJ
Phone: (201) 427 – 1458
The Hoboken Dual Language School is a dual language Charter School that opened in 2010. HoLa became the first charter school in New Jersey to implement a blind lottery system in favor of low-income families. The applications HoLa receives from low-income families are automatically given two entries into the lottery. Over time, HoLa’s student-body has grown to be incredibly diverse: 80% of the first graduating class is a person of color and half of them were either born outside of the U.S. or are first- generation Americans.
- Online Application
- Applications are accepted for all grades (K-8) on a rolling basis.
- Applications submitted after the lottery date will be added to the end of the wait list in order they are received.
Jersey City Public Schools offers a diverse array of schools at all levels! Learn about the types of public Middle Schools available for you to choose from!