Where to Get The COVID-19 Vaccine in Jersey City
The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine has begun and vaccines are being distributed throughout the country. New Jersey will roll out COVID-19 vaccines in a phased approach to all adults who live, work, as well as ones being educated in the State. Within six months, New Jersey aims to vaccinate 70 percent of the adult population. Therefore, we decided to create this blog to give you more information on the availability of vaccines and other details.
To determine which vaccination phase you are in and be notified when you are eligible for a vaccine, pre-register for the vaccine. Jersey City plans to set up multiple, city-sponsored vaccine PODs. Additionally, they have contracted with a company to set up 6 PODs – one in each ward. They will keep us posted via their website here.
Who is eligible for vaccination at this time?
Currently, vaccines are available to the following groups:
- Individuals age 55+
- Individuals age 16-54 with certain medical conditions
- Individuals age 16-54 with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
- Communications, IT, and media workers
- Educators and staff, including pre-K to 12 and higher education
- Eldercare and support workers
- Elections personnel
- First responders
- Healthcare workers
- Hospitality workers
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters
- Judicial system workers
- Laundry services workers
- Librarians and library support staff
- Long-term care and high-risk congregate care facility residents and staff
- Medical supply chain employees
- Members of tribal communities
- Migrant farm workers
- Postal and shipping service workers
- Public safety workers
- Real estate, building, and home services workers
- Retail financial institution workers
- Sanitation workers
- Social service workers and support staff
- Transportation workers
- Utilities workers
- Warehousing and logistics workers
Upcoming Eligibility Changes
As of Monday, April 19th, all individuals aged 16 and older will be eligible for vaccination.
If you are eligible to receive a vaccine, there are generally three ways to get vaccinated:
- You can make an appointment directly with one of the many designated vaccination sites across the state. Click here to view a full list of these designated vaccination sites.
- You can pre-register for the vaccine on the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System, and you will be notified when an appointment is available to you. Click here to visit the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System.
- Select healthcare facilities, including many hospitals, are offering vaccines directly to their workers. If you work at one of the facilities, you can also contact your employer to learn if the vaccine is available to you from your employer.
Vaccination Locations In Jersey City
How to get vaccinated?
Appointment Center: 201-373-2316
Schedule online here.
Immigrants’ legal questions?
All immigrants are encouraged to receive the Covid-19 vaccine, regardless of status. Please share these answers to general legal questions about vaccinations:
(9 non-English languages coming very soon, check here.)
Seeking Vaccine Education?
Is there still testing?
|115 Christopher Columbus Drive
|(201) 451-6300||Alliance Health Center|
176 Palisade Avenue
| USS Juneau Center
110 Hackensack Avenue
|n/a||Hudson Regional Health Commission|
| Bethune Center
140 Martin Luther King Drive
|(201) 547-5688||Jersey City Health Department|
|355 Grand Street
|n/a||Jersey City Medical Center|
| 50 Belgrove Drive
|(201) 997-0600||Kearny Health Department|
|935 Garfield Avenue
|n/a||Metropolitan Family Health Network|
| 324 Palisade Avenue
|(201) 210-0200||North Hudson Community Action|
|2859-61 Kennedy Boulevard
|n/a||Rite Aid Store 01661|
|981 West Side Avenue
|n/a||Rite Aid Store 04812|
| 324 Palisade Avenue
|n/a||Riverside Medical Group – Jersey City|
| 2440 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
|n/a||Riverside Medical Group – JFK Jersey City|
Vaccination Locations In Hudson County
- Alliance Health Center, 115 Christopher Columbus Drive, Jersey City, 201-451-6300
- Hudson Regional Health Commission – USS Juneau Center, 110 Hackensack Avenue, Kearny, 201-223-1133
- North Bergen Health Department 1116 43rd Street, North Bergen, 201-392-2084
- The North Hudson Community Action, 714 31st Street, Union City, 201-210-0200
- The North Hudson Community Action, 324 Palisade Avenue, Jersey City, 201-210-0200
- North Hudson Community Action, 326 Harrison Avenue, Harrison, 201-210-0200
- North Hudson Community Action, 1116 43rd Street, North Bergen, 201-210-0200
Resources For The State:
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub: https://covid19.nj.gov/
- NJ COVID-19 hotline: 800-222-1222
- General COVID-19 questions: 2-1-1
As the city distributes vaccines and eligibility increases, Jersey City has set up a free ride structure through a partnership with Uber. This will make it easier for thousands of people in transit deserts to get the vaccine.