Where to Get The COVID-19 Vaccine in Jersey City
The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine has begun and vaccines are being distributed throughout the country. New Jersey will roll out COVID-19 vaccines in a phased approach to all adults who live, work, as well as ones being educated in the State. Within six months, New Jersey aims to vaccinate 70 percent of the adult population. Therefore, we decided to create this blog to give you more information on the availability of vaccines and other details.
To determine which vaccination phase you are in and be notified when you are eligible for a vaccine, pre-register for the vaccine. Jersey City plans to set up multiple, city-sponsored vaccine PODs. Additionally, they have contracted with a company to set up 6 PODs – one in each ward. They will keep us posted via their website here.
Who is eligible for vaccination at this time?
Currently, vaccines are available to the following groups:
Healthcare Personnel (Phase 1A)
Long-Term Care Residents and Staff (Phase 1A)
First Responders (Phase 1B)
Individuals at High Risk (Phase 1B)
Who is eligible for vaccination next?
- Additional frontline essential workers (Phase 1B)
- Other essential workers (Phase 1C)
- The general population (Phase 2)
If you are eligible to receive a vaccine, there are generally three ways to get vaccinated:
- You can make an appointment directly with one of the many designated vaccination sites across the state. Click here to view a full list of these designated vaccination sites.
- You can pre-register for the vaccine on the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System, and you will be notified when an appointment is available to you. Click here to visit the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System.
- Select healthcare facilities, including many hospitals, are offering vaccines directly to their workers. If you work at one of the facilities, you can also contact your employer to learn if the vaccine is available to you from your employer.
Vaccination Locations In Hudson County
- Alliance Health Center, 115 Christopher Columbus Drive, Jersey City, 201-451-6300
- Hudson Regional Health Commission – USS Juneau Center, 110 Hackensack Avenue, Kearny, 201-223-1133
- North Bergen Health Department 1116 43rd Street, North Bergen, 201-392-2084
- The North Hudson Community Action, 714 31st Street, Union City, 201-210-0200
- The North Hudson Community Action, 324 Palisade Avenue, Jersey City, 201-210-0200
- North Hudson Community Action, 326 Harrison Avenue, Harrison, 201-210-0200
- North Hudson Community Action, 1116 43rd Street, North Bergen, 201-210-0200
Resources For The State:
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub: https://covid19.nj.gov/
- NJ COVID-19 hotline: 800-222-1222
- General COVID-19 questions: 2-1-1
As the city distributes vaccines and eligibility increases, Jersey City has set up a free ride structure through a partnership with Uber. This will make it easier for thousands of people in transit deserts to get the vaccine.